Friday, May 27, 2011

Most AWESOME students!

"You are too young to handle these kind of students."

These were the exact words I heard from one person when I started to teach in PSHS-CMC. I agreed, I'm young. But handling these kind of students? I doubted. I know I can.

I really don't know what he meant when he said "these kind of students". Was he referring to their attitude? To their intellectual capacity? Or what? 

When I started teaching in Pisay, the first two weeks I guess went smooth and okay. But as weeks gone by, I started to compare the behavior of the sophomores from the juniors inside and outside the classroom. I notice that juniors were more extreme and more aggressive. Especially the III-Lithium students. (Except for the girls) After noticing that, I realized, that was what he (the person who told me that I'm too young to handle these kind of students) meant when he told me those words. I admit, it was very hard for me to handle juniors at first. But I guess, I did what I know would help me handle their very extreme behavior - know them inside. 

Sometimes, we stop believing to what people can do because its already inculcated in our minds that they can't. Or we tend to take their efforts for granted because it's already instilled in our minds that no matter how efforts they give, they just can't do something good. 

The reason why I never stopped believing on what juniors can do was: I SIMPLY BELIEVED THEY CAN! Yeah, I believed they can do anything if we just give them the chance to prove themselves that they really can. Also, there are reasons for their misbehaviors and misconducts. Everyone of them have different stories and different lives. So, we do not have the right to judge them What we can do for them is help them develop a sense of responsibility and maturity to do things they need to do. To remind them that they have a mission to accomplish and the only one who can help them is their selves. It's really a matter of the way we treat them. If we treat them right, then for sure, they will treat us the way we wanted them to treat us.I considered and treated them as my brothers and sisters. For me, the student-teacher relationship between us only exist inside the classroom. (I hope so, it will really exist the way I look at it) 

Special mention to my extreme students: (in other sense)
*Mikael Lorenzo Paluca: We became close after I responded to what he said to me. I know everybody knows what I mean.
*Karlo Miguel Santos: The very "makulit" but nevertheless my favorite student. (According to him.)
*Alexis Joseph Alin: The most corny joker I have ever met.
*Jamil Francis Cuadra: The most hyperactive student.
*Ben Dominic Bance: The out of nowhere guy. If he's in the mood to talk, you can't stop him.
*Nur Ash Sham Alonto: The one of the most talkative guy I have ever met. (Im talkative too.)
*Lorenzo Miguel Enriquez: The ultimate "Sleeping Beauty" in my class.
*Clandine Salvedia & Ella Cardenas: The super talkative duo! (Pero lingaw!)

Nevertheless, at the end of my busy days, I still can smile and remember the fun we had together and look forward for tomorrow's another day together.

That's it. I hope you like it. Amping mo pirmi mga amigo ug amiga! 

No comments:

Post a Comment